Information we may collect and use
Depending on where you are located and how you interact with this website, your personal data may be collected and used as explained below. You do not need to reveal any personally identifiable information to browse and use our Site.
As a rule, the personal data processed by us is provided by you upon registration or when using the Service. The personal data we could collect includes the following categories of data:
- Contact details, such as email address, address and phone number;
- Information relating to customer relationship, such as billing information;
- Language preferences; and
- Customer interaction, customer contacts and replies, including the organization for which you work, when you provide details on the site or purchase goods from us.
We may also collect technical data on the use of the Service, which may be associated with you. The technical data we could collect includes the following categories of data:
- Time stamps and log data relating to the use of the Service; and
- Device ID, device type, operating system used and application settings.
Purpose and legal basis for processing personal data
We process personal data for the following purposes:
Service provision and managing your customer relationship
The primary purpose of collecting personal data is to provide the Service and to manage and maintain the customer relationship between us and you or the company you represent. In this case, we process personal data based on the contract between you or the company you represent and us.
Marketing & data analytics
We may send you email to inform you about new features of the Service, ask you for feedback, or provide you other relevant information about our services. We may also use the data provided by you for analysing and enhancing our advertising, marketing, market research, and sales activities. In this respect, processing of personal data is based on our legitimate interest to provide you relevant information as part of the Service and to promote the Service to you as well as to develop future services. You may object to marketing communications at any time (please see section “Your rights” below). You can also easily unsubscribe by clicking at the unsubscribe link at the footer of our newsletters and marketing emails.
Service development and information security
We also process personal data to ensure the security of the Service, to improve the quality of the Service and to develop new features to the Service. In these cases, the processing of personal data is our legitimate interest to ensure that our Service has an adequate level of data security, and that we have sufficient and relevant information at hand to develop our Service.
Transfers and disclosures of personal data
We may disclose personal data to third parties:
- when permitted or required by law, such as to comply with requests by competent authorities or related to legal proceedings;
- when our trusted services providers provide services to us on behalf of us and under our instructions. Please note that Stoneridge does not rent, sell or lease personal information about you to other people or non-affiliated companies. We will control and be responsible for the use of your personal data through our trusted services providers;
- if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets; and
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
Transfers of personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA)
We may transfer your personal data to countries outside of the EEA. In some cases, those countries were declared adequate countries by the European Commission. For other countries, we will ensure that one of the approved mechanisms to transfer personal data is in place, such as EU Standard Contractual Clauses for the transfer of personal data.
We view the security of confidential and private information as a top priority. To protect your information, we use a secure server when you place orders or access your account information. SSL (the secure server software) encrypts your information before it is sent to us. We are strongly committed to maintaining the privacy of your personal information and maintain stringent security and access controls to our computer systems. We also take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
You have a right to access personal data we process about you. You may access, correct, update, change or remove your personal data at any time. However, please note that certain information is strictly necessary in order to fulfil the purposes defined in this Policy and may also be required by law. Thus, you may not remove such personal data.
You have a right to object for certain processing. To the extent required by applicable data protection law, you have a right to restrict data processing.
You have a right to data portability, i.e. right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format and transmit your personal data to another data controller, to the extent required by applicable law.
If your personal details change, if you change your mind about any of your marketing preferences or if you have any queries about how we use your information, please let us know by contacting us (see above).
If you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your personal data, you have a right to file in a complaint to your national data protection authority in the EEA.
This website is not designed for children and is not intended to appeal to children. We do not knowingly collect data from children. If you are under 16 years of age, please do not use this website.
We link to a variety of other sites and we may display advertisements from third parties on our site. We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these sites and third-party advertisers, or for the way in which information about their users is treated. In particular, unless expressly stated, we are not agents for these sites or advertisers nor are we authorised to make representations on their behalf. This Policy only applies to this website; when you link to other websites, you should read those privacy policies.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. This sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies.
We use the information we gather to improve the services we provide on the web and ensure the sites we control work properly for our customers. For example:
- Recognising that you may already have given us your details so you don’t need to repeat this every time you use the site;
- Measuring how many people are using the website, so the services and information we provide can be made easier to use, to ensure they are working properly; and
- Analysing anonymous statistical data to help us understand how people use our website so we can improve them.
There are two types of cookie you may encounter when using our sites.
- First party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to deliver the sites as you currently see them. They also form part of how the websites work, so many are essential if you want to view the sites properly.
- Third party cookies: these are cookies found in other companies’ internet tools which we use. For example, Google own cookies, which are controlled by them.
Notification of Changes
For further information about this Policy or our privacy practices, or to request changes or corrections to personal information maintained by Stoneridge, please contact:
39675 MacKenzie Drive, Suite 400
Novi, Michigan, USA 48377
001 248 419 0407